Here is the scavenger hunt for the mailing list. We have a winner now! Congrats again, Karen! I’ll post her winning prize as soon as it’s ready. I will leave the hunt up for 24 hours, and then I’ll post the answers. 🙂
The first Zen String contest is a scavenger hunt! You will find 10 questions below. I have included a list with clickable links to the websites you will find the answers. You may have to click around to find the answers, just keep your eyes open!
1. The Queen needs 2 skeins to complete her. What color does she desire?
The Queen is found at http://www.knitty.com, and she desires CLOVER.
2.She’s a scurvy hooker, indeed! A recent online expedition landed her fiber and yarn booty. They have the same name. What is the name?
(Yarn Pirate) GEORGIA is the name of both her new yarn and fiber, from me, of course! And now that you’ve been to her site, you must try some yarn!
3. Zen Mama is getting a new book! Green & Purple declare it is the New Best Book EVER. What book is it?
(Lime N Violet) LACE STYLE is the new book… should have it next week! I’ll update the blog on what I think about it.
4. This lady can knit socks faster than I can type! This year alone, 7 pair. What is her 4th most recent completed pair of socks?
(Wendy Knits) This one is actually very interesting! Wendy updated her FO list *after* this email went out! The original answer was BART & LOUISE, but became SLAYER! Both answers were correct, as soon I as I saw the blog.
5. I am soft and full of sheen, with 255 yards in my skein. Who am I?
(Zen String) HARMONY SPORT
6. 4 stripey socks for ewe… What colors make up her pairs?
(The Loopy Ewe) This one stumped the most folks. Loopy is actually the ewe you see in the logo. She wears 4 red and white striped socks.
7. The master shows us how. She’s knitting small circumferences now… how many double pointeds does she use in this picture?
(Knitting Help) She is using FOUR DPNs in the photo.
8. Soloman is getting new socks! What yarn will they be?
(Zen Mama blog) Soloman is getting Cherry Tree Hill yarn in their colorway “Fall Foliage”, but I have named them Morrocco. As long as you mentioned CTH, you got it. 🙂
9. Catch it on the newsstands now. I’m a pair of sweet socks, but not Jaywalkers. I look so delightful in periwinkle. Who am I?
(Interweave Knits) ROSA SOCKS by Grumperia, who also wrote the Jaywalker pattern.
10. She’s casting off with new chapters. Who is she?
(Yarn Harlot) STEPHANIE McPHEE is writing a new book! I also gave credit for plain ol’ Yarn Harlot.
What did you all think? Feedback, suggestions for our next game?
Lime n Violet
The Loopy Ewe
PS- You can leave your answers in the comments section. 🙂